Friday, May 21, 2010

Yes, Enter the Challenge!!!

If you have never entered a challenge - this is the time!  You may not think you have enough talent BUT you DO!!!  Art is in the eye of the beholder - the nice thing is everyone likes something different, there is no type of art that is "IT", the only thing considered "ART".  The first challenge I entered was at Mide Wide Open, 2008.  Gail gives you a picture and a word trigger.  You then create!!!  It was interesting for me to see all the different pieces that came out of the same origin.  The word was "remembrance" and the photo was of a young woman - vintage.   Most of the followers of MWO are vintage - crafters/artists. (of note, the challenge last month was similiar - using an image of a woman and the word courage - the winner did a beautiful patriotic tribute to the firefighters of 9/11) I am not really into vintage but felt I had to get my feet wet.  I had all kinds of things running through my head but kept thinking 911.  The word remembrance kept taking me back to the events of Sept. 11th.  I remembered how immediately we came together as a nation - we forgot about ourselves and remembered our family, friends, neighbors - and were even kind and helpful to strangers.  It seemed to me, that for about six months people lost their selfishness and compassion was filling the streets.  Then it left - politics entered into hindsight and pointing fingers became the status quo.  How sad!  So - I sent in my eclectic entry - not really vintage but trying to incorporate my theme -
I created a post card!
So then I decided to do it alittle more my way.  I made "remembrance" a post card to send friends and family to honor Sept. 11th.  Mailed 100 cards out hoping that people would take a minute to reflect on what  a great nation we are and how fortunate we are to have the freedoms that allow us to even speak out against her without getting your head chopped off.  I don't support those that do that but do they realize the only reason they can is because it is AMERICA, THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE!!!  Sorry - off on a tangent.  I also created ATC (artist trading cards), limited number and have shared with card traders as far as Sweden!
So, don't be intimidated!  Just jump in and create your version of "Take Flight".  There are no losers here!  Creating is exciting and takes you to new places!  Entries due by June 10th, to my email - I don't know how to do the links and all that yet but working on my computer skills.  send to: sinderellastudio@yahoo.com
WINNER TO BE ANNOUNCED ON JUNE 13th!  Winner of the drawing for becoming a follower will also be announced!  What are you waiting for!!!!  Cheers, dana

No comments:

Blog Archive