Friday, February 13, 2009

NEW BEGINNING - AGAIN

Okay - today I turn 52 !!! I have once again decided to change direction! My family, friends and growing art experiences are my priority. When down in Key West, Sanford stated "Treat yourself with respect and importance - treat your art with respect and importance. Don't tolerate disrespectful behavior from others, move on". SO TODAY IS MY DAY TO DO JUST THAT !!! I am OFFICIALLY OUT OF THE CAR BUSINESS!!! I will have time to enjoy family, friends and art again. I have taken a position with RX Optical in Okemos. I will be working in a pleasant professional and positive environment! As I learn and have more to share I will do so. I am very anxious to get started. I will be working 40 hours - haven't done that in about 10 years! Mark is hoping that I get a handle on all my piles with this extra time on my hands. I hope I get my piles under control, have time to get back in shape and definitely have time to create!
This year I want to experience more times like:
All our kids and grandkids hanging out - water splashing, laughter, chalk drawings and lots of hugs - I did mention by the end of summer we will have seven - holy smokes!
this past fall when friends all got together with Chef Francesca and drank wine, laughed and hugged all while Francesca showed us how to put on a great Italian dinner - check her out: http://www.casadicesca.com/
More times like hanging out with friends on the deck with Mark at the grill and Sophie playing fetch.
More time to experience art classes and retreat trips like Key West!
Definitely want to train to run the 1/2 marathon in Key West again for January 2010 - wow that looks weird.
I hope I can fit it all in!
This is going to be a great year!
Dana

1 comment:

The Chronic Sinusitis Cure said...

Dana, soo Very nice.....by the time I was finished I had tears in my eyes.....must be hopelessly sentimental. Also made me think about experiencing the birth of our children. (-: Phil Nicolay