Saturday, July 11, 2009

paradise in our backyard

It is funny how we are always looking to go somewhere else...as an artist, looking for somewhere to take my sketch pad and get sucked in by the surroundings. Well, I went to another artist's home, my stepmom's. She has built a beautiful little paradise just minutes away. You pull in the drive and you think you have discovered "the secret garden". Her gardens are breathtaking and you just want to pull out the easel and settle in for the day - which I am sure I will do at some point. Every room in her home is soothing and yet inspiring to go deep within and create something. She is working on a mural with colored pencil in one of her rooms - makes you want to come home and color on the walls! I am pondering which wall I will attempt this artistic challenge. It was a great visit and can't wait to go back.

In the meantime I have been working on Tilly, my bird, more to do but here she is so far.

make a great day!

dana

No comments: