Friday, October 28, 2011

Paint Party Friday and my background....

Yep, still in the works...I ended up using a map of Michigan, some acrylics and plan on adding my girl to it.  It needs some more work, I have some writing I plan on doing with tissue paper then using gel medium to adhere to the canvas. I did some words in the background but don't like them so will be covering them up.  I just have her sitting on top the canvas to give you the idea of where I am at.  I still plan on leaving it light so it pops off the canvas and doesn't just blend in.   Hope to have it done this upcoming week because after that on VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


Going to the Keys, just taking a sketch book, watercolor pencils, basic watercolor pan paints (like elementary school type), waterbrush, and a pitt pen!!! Won't be doing a painting class, none going on while there and didn't have a structured enough schedule  (I don't like time planned days when on vacation - will have to make a separate trip I guess, yay) to plan a private session.

This past weekend had two of the g-kids overnight. It was great! Bonfire party, then painted pumpkins in the morning!!!! They were soooooooooooo serious. Landon is four and Nolan is 21 months!
We did Halloween cupcakes after that, it doesn't get any better than this!!!
Thanks to Kristin and Eva for hosting Paint Party Friday!!!  A great place to learn, grow, be inspired and make friends!!!!!

cheers, dana
make art, make friends - share art, share souls

happy haunting...check out Natasha May's button on my sidebar to join her Halloween Post!!!!








20 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative ~ and fun! ~ Enjoy your trip ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey, Happy PPF ^_^

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

That looks great! Love the map showing through. :) Have an amazing time on vacation and thanks for grabbing my halloween party button. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you are having such a good time, and I think your painting will be spectacular when it is finished. Enjoy your vacation! Valerie

WrightStuff said...

Only taking paints on vacation? No clothes? Or will you painting those on you!!

LOL - have a great time - with or without a change of clothes. Looking forward to seeing some great sunshine paintings :)

EVA said...

Your bicyclist is coming alone great!

I hope you find a sea star! My "model" came from Mexico.

GlorV1 said...

I love the map showing through, looks great. She definitely looks like bike riding is a fun thing. Have a great vacation.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Yay for the map in the background!
When I clicked and enlarged the image, I could see Traverse City to my delight!
I spent 11 wonderful summers teaching painting and drawing at Interlochen...very close to Traverse City. Still miss the amazing cherries. :)

Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Unknown said...

I think this is gorgeous work!!! I love the background...very clever!!!

Happy PPF and pop by for Sweet Saturdays!!!!

Hugs
Diana

Sinderella's Studio said...

thanks for the comments...yep, Traverse City has the BEST cherries!!!! I shall continue on with all your help!
cheers.

carlarey said...

Have a great trip...Key West is a wonderful place to paint, class or not.

Rosie Kaplan said...

Map is areally good idea.

JKW said...

I know you will enjoy the Keys. I like the lighting in the picture. Blessings, Janet PPF

Molly said...

very whimsical. really captures the feeling of summer. i love the map as the background.

SHERI COOK said...

Love the map within this piece. Hope you have an inspired trip. Happy PPF!

Fallingladies said...

love the map in the background, it all fits so well!

Geckostone said...

Dana, its awesome and I love the map background !! The vacation sounds like a blast! Deb

Anne Butera said...

Happy PPF! I think this is looking great so far! I especially love the map.

Have a wonderful vacation!

Karen Isaacson said...

gorgeous background - look forward to seeing the finished project. I also love the photo of your serious pumpkin painters. so sweet!

Kristin said...

Wow - I LOVE this piece and the addition of the map is such a cool idea - really, really beautiful! Wonderful colors and composition ;)
Thank you too for your visit - after a weekend full of guests, I am finally catching up - so sorry for the delay in return visit, xo

Unknown said...

thanks nice post


Music logos