Sunday, May 17, 2009

ART COMES IN ALL FORMS




What an artful day I've had. It started with a walk/run around the lake this morning with Sophie. It was chilly but sooooooo beautiful. I took a couple pictures for painting ideas that I will be working on over the next few weeks. Then off for a quick pass through the East Lansing Art Festival. I was only able to catch a 1/4 of it and it was ALL excellent. So much talent and so much of it local! Then back home to get ready to accompany my friend Joy to her FIRST exhibit. If you recall I had mentioned that she entered her quilts in the Quilt Show. She had four entries - all just breathtaking. Seriously - quilting is an art form. As a painter I find much inspiration and many ideas in the art quilting world. She should be very proud of her work and her first time out! Like me, she did not have the outcome that was hoped for but it is a learn and grow event. Both her and I will be better next time, so look out!
dana

No comments: