Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Sketches and Phoenicopterus

She is done and has been shipped, wow shipping a framed painting this big is expensive! 
Phoenicopterus!
I have truely enjoyed the experience of doing this painting.   I used techniques from Natasha May's Cotton Candy Girl class in doing the background and some valueable Mess/layering lessons from my time with Lisa Wright's class.  Ahhh, patience is a virtue!!!  At one point I had decided my background was mud and needed to start over.  I was in a panic because I needed to have it shipped before this weekend.  In my pj's- I drove like a mad woman to Michael's, it was Sunday and Hobby Lobby (closer) was not open.  Dashed thru Michaels trying to decide if I should just do a framed up canvas or watercolor paper again - I purchased both.  Charged home crashing into the diningroom where I had left my work and WAH-LAH.  It had dried and I loved how it looked.  Geez, why can't I just put the brush down, walk away and let each step dry before trying to finish it!  Yes, Lisa, I hear you!!!!
Here's to a great Olympics!  A wonderful ending to July and a fun upcoming August!   Alexandra our host for Sunday Sketches is very ill and unable to host this week.  Healing thoughts and hugs sent her way!

cheers, dana
make art, make friends - share art, share souls

all works copyright of dana strickland/sinderella's studio 2012

5 comments:

Jez said...

I like the background and the little swirls at top right - and of course the phoenicopterous who looks very thoughtful.

Heather said...

i agree i really like the background and the bubbles

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I'm so excited that the classes you took came in handy for your art. :) Flamingo looks absolutely precious! :)

Ann said...

lovely piece!!!!

soulbrush said...

It is fantastico!

Blog Archive