Wednesday, January 16, 2013

YEP, I AM STILL ALIVE...

Too much to explain as to my absence so I won't.  I think I have things in order to give some consistency to my poor little blog.  I miss soooooooooooo much all the friends, encouragement and inspiration I get when visiting! 
So. for 2013 here is how I will start:
I purchased a book for one of our grandson's, Jackson.  He just turned 9 before Christmas.  The book is, I am the One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate, illustrated by Patricia Castelao.  It was a recommended book by the stores staff in the 8 - 12 yr old section.  As Jackson is an excellent reader and loves elephants (there was a baby elephant with a gorilla on the cover) I decided to pick it up.  I got home and read the first few pages just to get a sense of it and found myself totally submerged in the pages!  I read the whole book, laughing and crying all the way through.  EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK.   I am buying a copy for all of our childrens' households.  The lessons in this book are wonderful!

My quote today that I am sharing - food for thought as we live in this choatic world is:

"Humans waste words.  They toss them like banana peels and leave them to rot.  Everyone knows the peels are the best part."

Seriously, think about that!

Sharing my reading inspired sock monkey - mainly painted with my fingers!!!!  It was liberating to just dip and paint like Ivan!


I love books!!!!  Be a reader!!!!







Have a great day and rest of the week.  Life is short, make sure you LIVE it!!!!
cheers, dana

all work copyright Sinderella's Studio/dana strickland 2013

9 comments:

Pellie / Penny said...

Welcome back.

I also took much of last year off -
and just came back

Love your monkey


Hugs,
Penny

Jez said...

Dana, I have missed your blogs SO MUCH, and am so glad to see you back to brighten up my days.

The sock monkey is such a cheeky monkey, and I do like the background - perfect with the monkey.

Sometimes it's good to have a break and come back refreshed, so here's to reading more of you.

Sinderella Studio Designs said...

thanks Penny and Jez. Hoping to post for sure once a week would love to 2xs but not promising anything!
hugs to you both!

Kristin Dudish said...

Yay! I love reading too! (I have put it on our family reading list.)

What a great sock monkey - and, with your fingers?!? Wow!

xo
Kristin

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll check
back later and see if the problem still exists.

Here is my web blog: men's watches

Anonymous said...

Hello to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting
more from this web page, and your views are nice for new users.


Look into my blog post vestal watches

Anonymous said...

What's up friends, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for to say regarding this post, in my view its actually amazing for me.

my website ... vestal watches for women

Anonymous said...

Very good article! We will be linking to this great article on
our site. Keep up the good writing.

my web-site - Relic Watches For Men

Anonymous said...

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire
in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently rapidly.

my web page :: rc boats