Monday, February 25, 2013

Sunday Sketches and some Paint on my brushes

wow - it seems so long ago that I actually had my first love in paints - watercolors - out!  Some of my blogland friends are participating in 10 paintings in 10 days...I would love too BUT know myself well enough to know better!  I would just get frustrated and feel badly about not getting the task done.  My schedule really doesn't work well for such a commitment.  I decided to maybe try to dabble for 10 days - get some unfinished business taken care of!  So first up, a journal page (http://sinderella-studio.blogspot.com/2012/06/ss-and-dont-miss-moment.html ) I started while taking an e-course with Lisa Wright!  She posted a parrot named Rodney ( of course, I can't find the original photo she showed us) but I had started this painting in my moleskin journal without completing it so........................ today.................RODNEY!
watercolors and sharpie marker
I did the other page also as I was fasinated with the original picture focusing in on his beak!  I am unable to download the pic for whatever reason.  I have had to shut down my computer and spent 2 days trying to get Rodney's pic up.  Missed Sunday Sketches altogether.  FRUSTRATED!!!!

Hopefully will get figured out.  I am some great stuff to share from artists' friends!!!! 

cheers, dana
life is short, make sure you LIVE it!

all rights reserved dana strickland/sinderella's studio

3 comments:

Ann said...

10 paintings in 10 days..omg!! they must be very organized. the minute i "have" to do something creative,my brain shuts down!!
hugs!

ann @ studiohyde said...

Oh I do love this painting of Rodney :) Never mind that you missed the deadline to submit this, we get to see it anyways.

Jez said...

This is a wonderful painting, He looks so real.
Isn't it funny how much we all loved Rodney!
I think it's good sometimes to step back and finish or rework a UFO (unfinished object we always said in quilting). Then we come back with a fresh eye.
So nice to catch up with you. Love Jez.