Tuesday, September 30, 2008

mind wide open contest

Tomorrow Gail at Mide Wide Open will post the new contest for October. I am anxious to see her trigger word and photo to be used. I participated this past contest and actually my first ATC that I have ever done - started with expanding on her contest from August. For me, someone that is trying to pull the artist within out, her contest is a great way to jump start the mind. Her timeline is one week so you really have to get on it. Again, for me, a great way to make me do it. I read in Pam Carriker's article that the hardest thing is to just start - so true for me. I stare at the paper and all my materials, have a vision in my brain, and then quit before I get going. I make all kinds of excuses: if I start now, I won't have time to finish - or great idea but I'm not good enough to get it to come out the way I see it in my head so better not try - or that will just take tooooooo long to do it right so better not try... the list goes on and on. With the Mide Wide Open contest my brain is so busy running ideas through that I don't have time for excuses. The projects can be small so I don't feel like I'm in over my head. It has really helped me to get going.

Now if I could just find the same motivation for my daily exercise routine! End of the month today so in my real job world - crunch time!
Dana

No comments: