Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Morning song

This morning I was lying in bed knowing that my alarm was about to go off. I was listening to all the activity outside the balcony doorwall. The birds were chirping, the sun was cresting the top of the trees - I could tell by how bright the room was. Sort of eyes opened, eyes closed - a loud morning wake up call came from outside the door - I was startled but smiled - wow - like a morning rooster but a bird. Sounds really close - I sat up to see the male cardinal -RAY- perched on top of the back of the rocker on the balcony. Gazing into our bedroom chirping loudly as if to say - GET UP - GET GOING! He looked at me and then flew away, his job was done. So I got up and got going. 4.3 miles around the lake with Sophie - it was a struggle. Off to work now. Enjoy the day!
dana

No comments: