Thursday, July 7, 2011

Paint Party Friday and Kristin's collage sheets...

Didn't really have much time for "art-ing" this week.  Work was busy and getting ready to have 3 of our grandkids for the weekend.  BUT, I loved Kristin's collage sheets she posted...so of course, printed them and ... made a card for my husband.  We have been together 13 years and he is in auto racing.  He travels alot and each trip I tuck a card or note in his lugguage or book or briefcase... he saves every one of them...trust me there are lots!  So I just quickly did this card using Kristin's sheets to help me along the way...that is supposed to be me on my Sportster!
No, he is not the driver...but a team doesn't do well if they crash.  Also, they fly to the tracks they go to, drive all over where ever they are so I always tell him to have a Great Race and Don't Crash.  So, for Paint Party Friday this is what I have to share.  Thanks to Eva and Kristin for hosting.  Thanks so much for checking in - I can't wait to make the rounds to see all the great "art-ing".  It may take me a few days... an 8 yr old, 5 yr old and 2 yr old will have most of my attention throughout the weekend.!

cheers, dana
make art, make friends - share art, share souls

all contents copyright dana strickland/sinderella studio 2011

19 comments:

Kristin Dudish said...

Oh my gosh Dana! I love this - what a great way to use the papers! Hooray!!! The picture of you on your Sportster is great :) I am thrilled beyond belief that you used the papers... I'm beaming!

It sounds like you have a very fun weekend ahead - enjoy!

Good Luck to your husband and the rest of the team!

xo
Kristin

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work and a great idea! Hugs, Valerie

ann @ studiohyde said...

What a lovely idea and so nice for your husband to find an individual card from you when he is away from home. Have a great time with the grandchildren.........ann

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

That is so sweet! Love what you've done with Kristins papers. :)

Wendy Aspinall said...

Hey miss Dana it seems ages since I chatted with you.... are you coming to race when it comes my way??? Mr.husband is kepting a rye on the team.... hopfully no crashes this season.... hugs wendy

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! wonderful work and so cool to see Kristin's papers!!!

Heather said...

how cool - i love seeing what you did with her papers! so fun! have a good weekend

Carola Bartz said...

Wonderful, Dana - I love what you did with Kristin's paper, but even more that you always tuck in a note for your husband when he has to travel. So sweet - he's a lucky guy!

Julie Prichard said...

Nice work combining the two together! Happy PPF!

GlorV1 said...

I too love how you used Kristin's papers. Great idea. Have a great weekend. Happy PPF!

INeedToColor said...

Aww - this is so sweet! How fortunate your husband is to have a thoughtful honey like you!

Unknown said...

Great job Dana...have a great weekend

Netty said...

Smashing use of Kristin's backing papers. Brill. Happy PPF, Annette x

SHERI COOK said...

FUN idea with the papers. I am sure the card will be a BIG hit. Hope you have a fun weekend. HAPPY PPF!

Ann said...

Dana..love the card you did! Have fun with your grandkids..mine are similar ages..7,6 and 3...they live with us!!! looking forward to hearing about the fun you had with them!!! We get the day to day stuff...none of the fun fill-em-up-with-crap and send them home kind of fun: the plus side is really wtching them grow and learn and being the major part of it!!
hugs!

Sinderella's Studio said...

already worn out but off to the farmers market then down to the beach!!!
thanks for all the comments, yes, he is a lucky guy...but I am so lucky too!!!
cheers,dana

Mary Hysong said...

Love your drawing and what a fun way to use Kristin's collage papers. Happy PPF!

EVA said...

What a lovely card and way to use Kristin's paper. And such a loving treat for your hubby!

Hybrid J said...

Clever way to use up papers. Well thought and well done!

Blog Archive