Monday, September 12, 2011

Mojo Monday...and Friday nights cork & canvas....

Well Friday my friend, Stacy, and I went to "Cork and Canvas" at the Gallery 1212 in Old Town Lansing!!!  Rebecca our instructor was great along with the 7 other students.  We all had wine (my favorite was the gal that came with the Bell's Oberon - I am a beer girl by nature) anyways - some of them had special glasses - came with wine chilled in buckets....it was grand!  The artwork in Rebecca's gallery is INCREDIBLE, to say the least.  This months featured artist is B. Craig Cossey - his work, I want it all!!!!  A pic of my jazz musician patient, Etienne Charles, was hanging - how exciting!  The most incredible cow watercolor painting....oh I could go on and on....
Rebecca - our leader!!!!
We were shown Rebecca's finished piece and in work in process - given our canvas, pencil, brushes and paint.  We all drew our copy of the original as it was passed around the room.  We were then given some more instruction and blobs of paint - yay!!!
So we could reverse our background colors or follow the example...it was interesting to see what everyone did looking at the same thing...


Sharon and Vicki were seated in front of us...good artists'

So I have never painted in acrylics...I have dabbled them in paintings here and there but not done a whole painting....So, even though it didn't come out great it was a fun night and I should have brushed more and sipped less!!!!  Oh well, next time.  Stacy does not normally paint, she is a sketcher and a graphics artists so she really stepped outside her comfort zone...she really needs to start painting...hers was excellent! 

Stacy, Artist and ScrapFest project creator!!

If you are coming to Lansing anytime soon....come on the first Friday of the month and stop in at Cork and Canvas - Gallery 1212!!!!
Make a great week!!!! and it's Monday so get your MOJO in action!!!!

cheers, dana
make art, make friends - share art, share souls

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you all had a great time, wish I didn't live so far away! Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! this looks like you had the greatest time and I love the painting!!!!

Sinderella's Studio said...

ladies - wish you lived here too!!! you would love it.

WrightStuff said...

That's a great painting. I love acrylics - so forgiving!!

Blog Archive