Friday, September 2, 2011

Paint Party Friday and back on track

Well, it has been a couple weeks of busy life choas and no time to paint or post.  Did take a minute to sketch a seen on my deck...my garden is really pots of herbs and flowers to attract hummingbirds.  We have to much sand to really get anything to grow in the ground.  I love flamingo's and have one of my many in a pot of chives.
Makes me smile...so yesterday while watching the big orange ball of sun come up over the tree line, sipping my coffee; I sketched my peaceful deck...later was able to add marker, watercolor and a dab of acrylic...
a "peace" of my garden
So in honor of getting back on track, into the groove and Paint Party Friday ...I would like to give away a  "peace" of  inspiration.  Leave a comment here today or a post I will do Sunday and Monday and this book could be yours...
Kelly Rae Roberts, Taking Flight.  It is one of my favorite books to flip through while drinking my morning coffee...so for all us coffee lovers, dreamers, artists at any level....hope you put your name in the cup.  Yes, cup, as my coffee time is my time I am putting all the names into one of my favorite morning cups and next Friday will pull a name and send the book on its way. 
Have a safe and fun holiday weekend for Labor Day and hope you get to Art today!
cheers, dana
thanks to Kristin and Eva for hosting Paint Party Friday
P.S. I think my dad really liked his barn...or was it he was afraid to critique?!?

21 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the scene on your deck! From my balcony I can also watch the sun rise, something I love. Nice to see you back at the party! Valerie

Helen said...

What a lovely scene to paint and how fortunate :o) Happy PPF

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely flamingo! Enjoy the holiday ~Thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^

Anonymous said...

beautiful just lovely,

carlarey said...

Lovely sketch. Nice that you have someplace peaceful to inspire you.

Joni Nickrent said...

What a perfect and peaceful scene and you have captured it beautifully! Happy PPF!POP ART MINIS

SHERI COOK said...

Sounds like you have a very nice queit place to get away to. Like your flamingo! Your book looks very interesting too. Wishing you a happy PPF!

Netty said...

Wonderful sketch and lovely to see you back at the party. I already have this book and can recommend it to the lucky winner. Annette x

Melisa said...

He liked it, I'm sure of it.

Anonymous said...

Where you live sounds idyllic - I love the image of a big orange ball of sun! This is a lovely watercolour and how wonderful that it is painted from a view you get to see every day!

Christine said...

nice scene on your deck...cute flamingo.

Geckostone said...

Your flamingo is gorgeous!!! I so want to sit on the porch and drink in the coffee and scenery and paint paint paint, sounds like heaven to me!!!! Happy PPF! Deb

Kristin Dudish said...

Hi Dana!

I love pink flamingos and yours is great - I love the combination of marker watercolor (and a dab of acrylic) that you used... Fantastic! They are such fun and whimsical birds, I can't help but smile when I see them!

xo
Kristin

p.s. Your giveaway is very generous! I already own Kelly Rae's book so please take my name out of the cup so everybody else has a better shot at winning :)

Ann said...

love your deck sketch!!! I love flamingos!! have a really retro pink plastic one stuck in my lawn by the tree..then one ,who's "leg" had broken" became housed in an old birdcage we have hanging from the wood patio cover!!i'd love to win this book..please add my name to the cup..which will surely be "runnith over"!! with lots of hopeful winners names!
such a generous giveaway..thanks so much for the chance!hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Elisa Choi said...

Dana, I love your refreshing entry especially sketching a "peace" of your barn. The flamingo looks beautiful.. great you done it in watercolor too. How I wish I would win that lovely book.. it will surely bring more inspiration in my art journey. Thanks so much and have a nice day!

Karen Isaacson said...

such a beautiful sketch! I love it when my chives are in bloom. It's such a bonus to have the pretty flower on top of the yummy chives. The flamingo is a great touch, and nicely rendered by your artistic hand!

GlorV1 said...

Nice painting. I love flamingoes. They are beautiful. Enjoy your holiday.

Unknown said...

can I still get my name in your coffee cup ? love it Im your newest follower
Happy labor Day ! Yea for a fall feeling today ...finally !
Hugs to you
KAT Griffin

The Artful Diva said...

I agree - Rae Roberts' work is very inspiring. It would be grand to win her book!

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

Love you sweet little flamingo! Ohhh, how I love Taking Flight. Kelly Rae's book was one of the first art books I bought...LOVE it!

EVA said...

What a lovely garden scene! Your flamingo looks fun frolicking in the chive flowers. :)

Blog Archive