Friday, May 20, 2011

HAPPY PAINT PARTY FRIDAY!!!!

Here is my faux pointillism - inspired by EVA and Nicola at Pointy Pix!!!  Eva has taken on a pointillism project and I just couldn't imagine trying it...but did...let me tell you - yikes!  I literally had to use my left hand to hold my right hand back from just coloring in my sketch!!!  Making those dots - millions of tiny dots is just like me trying to hold a yoga pose and breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I appreciate the art done like this all the more.  The work that Nicola does at Pointy Pix is INCREDIBLE!!!!  She has a portrait of her dog that I can't imagine doing - seriously incredible.
Anyways, back to my Paint Party Friday post - yard sunshine - done in faux pointillism!!!!




 Thanks to Eva and Kristin for hosting our Friday fun at Paint Party Friday!  I do get around to check out all the great art but it takes me all week and then it's time to start again!

cheers, dana
make art, make friends - share art, share souls!!!
art & content copy right dana strickland, sinderella studio design

26 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
Visiting from Paint Party Friday (this is my first time!!!)
Love the vibrancy to your piece of art. Gorgeous.
Wishes
Lynne

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, full of sunshine! Happy PPF, Valerie

Crystal said...

I love Eva's pointillism painting. I think it would be hard for me to paint that way. You have done a wonderful job by the way! :-)

SHERI COOK said...

This is wonderful and so bright! HAPPY PPF!

carlarey said...

This is great, so bright and happy. Almost makes me want to leave the dandelions in my yard.

EVA said...

Thanks Dana! So surprised my little experiment inspired you. It is a lot of work, isn't it! (No doubt why I am not yet finished...)

I love your flowers! Fabulous colours and composition!

Netty said...

Terrific piece of art, must have taken you ages and ages Annette x

Sacred Yoli said...

Wow. great and challenging technique!

Happy PPF!

Julie Prichard said...

Love this!! Happy PPF!

Tammie Lee said...

gosh, I love making point art. Yours is lovely.

Kristin Dudish said...

Wow, that's a lot of dots - I enlarged it so I could get the full effect... wonderful!

Congratulations on your son's wedding! (The stamped tree was a brilliant idea and such a great keepsake.)

xo
Kristin

Denise Mulligan said...

Very cool, love pointilism.
Looks like your wedding went well!
Happy PPF!

GlorV1 said...

Great piece. Full of wonderful color. Vibrant. Happy PPF

Christine said...

love it! Good for you trying something new.

Abela said...

These yellow speak of spring and life.Saludos

Victoria said...

This is fabulous..gorgeous work..very striking..such brilliance and beauty!!
Victoria

Pellie / Penny said...

Dana,
what a lovely piece.

I can only begin to imagine how tedious making all those dots was - but the final result was stunning.

Keep learning and expanding your talents girl.

Hugs,
Penny

Mary Hysong said...

Love that tree idea! All mine are grown tho, and it's going to be a few years before any of the grandkids get married! Happy PPF.

Rosie Kaplan said...

Good on you - I wouldn't have the patience. It looks good.

Hybrid J said...

Such details and love the color contrast!

Melisa said...

I think it would be really hard, too. It requires more patience than I have! I love the way you overlaid the full flower over the detail of the flower. Neat composition!

Heather Foust said...

Love the colors!!! Yellow is such a great color for flowers!!!

Anne Butera said...

Just lovely! Such a cheerful painting. I can't imagine trying it. Cheers to you for taking on the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the mention and the huge compliments on my work!! I think your 'faux' pointillism looks great - I laughed when you said you have to hold your hand back from just colouring in because I sometimes get that urge too!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have taken on a serious art project! Pointillism is not easy! Kudos to you...it's coming out great!
Happy PPF!

Sabina said...

Love that sketch! And looking through my old stuff always makes me smile too so I know what you mean. Hope you have fun at that bike this weekend.

Blog Archive