Friday, July 30, 2010

Frou-frou Friday and Pink Saturday... wow

Not sure if Frou-frou Friday is starting today or next Friday so thought I better Frou-Frou my PINK SATURDAY, thanks Beverly at How Sweet the Sound!  This is the room I stayed in while in Key West painting en plein air!  You know, my life altering experience, seriously.  I stayed at the Popular House which is painted PINK ON THE OUTSIDE!

I had the most WONDERFUL stay here - breakfast was unbelieveable.  The first morning, I believe it was Richard baked a double chocolate banana bundt cake as part of breakfast.  Each day we had an incredible desert with breakfast!  Jody owns the house, Liz (I hope I remember that right) was so sweet.  I would come back from painting on the streets - dejected because I wasn't good enough - she had kind encouraging words and hugs to push me onto the next day!  I believe it was Dave who also worked the front desk and got me where I needed to go.  I was a woman traveling alone and felt safe, secure and swallowed up by the atmosphere of the house!  The art was incredible and I hated to leave!
Soooooooooo, in honor of Connie's Frou-frou Friday - I have frou-frou'd my Pink!
I visited a couple of pink sites but have gotten everyone mixed up - journaling my blog hopping now so I can give appropriate recognition.  There isn't a bad visit on Beverly's list!!!
cheers! dana

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh lucky you!! I love that pink house~ Never been to the Keys...I'll bet it was just beautiful!

Theresa Plas said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Happy Pink Saturday!

Petunia said...

Oh Dana what a magical experience! That pink house looks wonderful. So glad you had a great time. Happy Pink Saturday! (I put my mail art in the mail yesterday!)

Sinderella's Studio said...

Anna, can't wait to have the original in hand!!! Yours left today! Happy PS!
dana

Julie said...

I've been to Key West once, love it! You visit sounds amazing! Happy PS!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place to stay ... glad you enjoyed your visit.

Have a lovely PINK summer's eve ~
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW! To have stayed in that fantastic pink home .... I would have thought that I died and went to heaven!!

Debbie

Glenda said...

Oh my, Key West anything sounds wonderful; but staying in the pink house, with breakfast being served, and then painting also. Sounds like a dream come true. Getting ready to go back and read your older post.
~G~
hugs

Ann said...

what a beautiful place! One day............I can only hope and wish!

Blog Archive