Tuesday, July 6, 2010

SNAIL MAIL CHALLENGE...

I have decide that in my own snail mail piece - I wanted to have a snail BUT after looking at pictures of them - I guess I forgot how ugly they are.  I remember in elementary school we had snails for a science class kept in screen topped aquariums.  Some kids broke into the school and took all the tops off - we came back on a Monday and snails were everywhere.  Stuck to the ceiling, walls, chalkboard and our desks - yuck!  Anyways - I am starting with a watercolor canvas with a sap green wash!  I am going to layer this note card so will be drawing my "snail" on 80 lb watercolor paper and trying some things with layers of paint, gel medium and tissue paper - wish me luck - hope you have started your challenge project!
Oh yes, there is always escargot!!!

My snail will definitely not be a real looking snail!
Here's to artistic freedom!
cheers, dana
THANK YOU TO ANNA, FROSTED PETUNIAS, for the awesome challenge button on my sidebar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://frostedpetunias.blogspot.com/
please see post from 6/27/2010 for challenge info!

ps need home for  found kitten...I call her Baby, she is a lover!

5 comments:

Petunia said...

Sorry. Computer problems this morning. I hit enter too soon. Well I'm with you Dana...I'm not a fan of slimey, slithery things either! Can't wait to see your project. I'm starting on mine.

Sinderella's Studio said...

anna, I have had a snail awaking... I do have 3 grandkids this weekend so will be behind but am excited about this snail mail! Love my button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the snail mail. ;) Very cute!! I love snail mail too!

Theresa Plas said...

O YaY for the kitty rescue! Happy Pink Saturday to you!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/07/pinks-in-6-words-i-wish-u-award-winning.html

6 awards,
Please take anyone or all under your wish!
Cheers!

Blog Archive