Friday, July 23, 2010

My week in PINK...

There is nothing more wonderful than a Michigan Pink Morning Sunrise!!!  HAPPY PINK SATURDAY, thanks Beverly for hosting!   I LOVE SUMMER!!!  This summer has been great for sunrise watching, I get cold if below 70 outside soooooooooooo this steamy summer has been perfect in my eyes.  I am an early riser - first thing, grab a cup of coffee and sit outside to soak up the beginning of the day.  It has been awhile since the summer mornings have been warm enough for me to enjoy doing this.  I have a favorite window to sit in front of during the rest of the time (most of the time being here in Michigan).  What a way to start the day!  PERFECT.
I also have started working on some small pieces for my 2nd annual Artist by the Lake gathering!  Last August a group of artistic friends and I joined in my driveway and had an art show!!!  It was a great success and we have added a few more friends for this year.  Check out last years posting to see our fun!
A customer once shared with me a well known quote - which I had not heard (so much for well known).  At the time his comment made a huge impact as I was at a crossroads with making a career deicision.  His comment stayed with my on my trip to Key West to paint with Sanford Birdsey - a life changing experience, as you know if you have read about my trip.  Anyways, this little piece is a reflection of that statement.

Bloom where you are Planted.  Hope it pinks up your world as it does mine!
Happy Pink Saturday!!
cheers, dana

This week I pinked in on (peeked in on):
stop by and tell them I sent you!
You will love everyone on my sidebar, seriously!


11 comments:

Kelly said...

Dana, that post is now posted-it follows todyas post.

Gotta go read your post now~ :)

Be right back!!

Kelly said...

Did you paint that? that's beautiful!!

I never heard of anyone having an art gathering in their driveway, but that sounds like fun!! I wish I lived in a neighborhood like that!

Have a beautifully PINK weekend!

Sinderella's Studio said...

yes, I painted it and am happy with it (which is unusual) We have a great location and our driveway is just a fun place for an art show!!! Can't wait for this years - all kind of impromptu - we do no advertising! Just passer by's and it was so much fun! Wish you were here because it is a gypsy atmosphere!

Sinderella's Studio said...

ps the butterfly is collaged on... not my work, found it in a catalog and added it to my mixed media painting!

Nancy said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I love the early mornings, too.

Maggie said...

Such a pretty pink post!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Happy Pink Saturday. Have a great day!

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

What a beautiful pink sunrise! Happy pS!
xojanis

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Dana,

I love your painting...thanks so much for sharing that. I would love to see the PiNk Wedding gown!!

Thanks so much for visiting with me. Have a wonderful PiNk day,
Stephanie ♥

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday,thank you for the Pink Treasures.

Simply Debbie said...

HAPPY BELATED PINK SATURDAY DANA,
I DON'T KNOW HOW I HAVE NOT FOUND YOU AS MUCH AS I LOVE ART. MY DAUGHTER WAS THE TRUE ARTIST AND SHE GRADUATED TO HEAVEN AT THE AGE OF 33, OCTOBER, 2009.
I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED ART...I HAVE MY BOXES OF 64 CRAYONS AND STILL SMILE WHEN I FIRST OPEN A BOX OF THEM OR COLORED PENCILS.
I JUST ENTERED MY FIRST ATC SWAP AND AM STARTING TO LEARN DIFFERENT TECHNIQUES.
I LOVE YOUR STUNNING PICTURES. WE HAVE FRIENDS THAT LIVE IN GREYLING, MICHIGAN. MICHIGAN IS SO BEAUTIFUL.
I AM VERY HAPPY TO MEET YOU AND I AM YOUR NEWEST FOLLOWER. WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU STOP BY AND SEE ME. I LOVE YOUR PROFILE PICTURE. MY PROFILE PICTURE IS AN ART PROJECT MY DAUGHTER MADE AND GAVE TO ME.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Blog Archive