Thursday, July 22, 2010

My entry for #4 Friday Foto Collage...finally

This has really been a CHALLENGE (I'm shouting).  First my ink cartridges ran out, then the new ones wouldn't program - they were the new and improved for my printer, yeah right!  Then purchased the regular ones - had to call the help line to get everything going!  Okay ready - NOW - I try to use Peggy's techniques outlined in the challenge - I do not have a photo shop program soooooooooooooo - found out my printer won't print on transparencies - it does the adhesive backed type because it recognizes the backing paper BUT won't print on a clear transparency.  I proceeded in a different direction.
Printed my base picture - one I took of sunflowers (my favorite), in black and white.  Then I layed the transparency on top - painting one of the sunflowers with some acrylics but mainly gouache!!!  I found a beautiful moth to apply to the black and white - covered with gel medium and brayed down the painted transparency to the black & white photo.  Wah-lah!  Hope it still qualifies for the challenge.
It is always good to step outside of your comfort zone!  It helps us grow!
 Thanks Peggy!
cheers, dana
ps of course, I am having them printed as postcards and notecards - will be available at the 2nd annual Artist by the Lake gathering - September 12, 2010!!!

4 comments:

Pellie / Penny said...

Wow. That came out so wonderful. Love it.

Hugs,
Penny

Kelly said...

Looks good~

peggy gatto said...

I just love your sunflower. They will make fun and lovely cards!!!
Thanks so much for playing.
I love having the company!!!

Julie said...

Beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering the giveaway.

Blog Archive